• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NH Dad

PI this Weekend

21 posts in this topic

Who's hitting the refuge this weekend? With no drive ons it's going to be tough to cover allot of area. For those of us who are going is anyone interested in linking up to cover more area? I'm assuming there's not going to be more than a couple of us out there! :lol:

After catching a fifty pounder last sunday I'm ready to try for a sixty pounder this weekend (I really don't think that will happen but then you never know). Like Bob says, "You don't know if you don't go". I don't think the weather will be with us - sounds like some wind will be blowing real strong out of the east ( WCVB channel 5 is saying northeast winds 10 to 20 mph - maybe stonger.)

was in a boat yesterday bass and blues still around and tinker mackeral only a couple hundred yards off the houses but nothing chasing them but the birds

I was thinking if anybody wanted to hook up - i.e. cell phones we could cover allot of area and maybe we could all get into some fish! :lol:

After catching a fifty pounder last sunday I'm ready to try for a sixty pounder this weekend (I really don't think that will happen but then you never know). Like Bob says, "You don't know if you don't go". I don't think the weather will be with us - sounds like some wind will be blowing real strong out of the east ( WCVB channel 5 is saying northeast winds 10 to 20 mph - maybe stonger.)

that 49 inch fish weighed 50 pounds?

I think I am pretty much all done for the season other than maybe a day trip to RI

that 49 inch fish weighed 50 pounds?

I think I am pretty much all done for the season other than maybe a day trip to RI

BOB, THE BELLY ON THAT COW WAS SO FAT AND AS MY SON WAS MEASURING HER AND WEIGHING HER WE NOTICED THAT WHATEVER SHE JUST ATE WAS STILL MOVING INSIDE HER. I'VE CAUGHT LONG ONES AND CALLED THEM RACERS BUT THIS WAS ONE FAT BELLIED COW. I REVIED HER AND PUT HER BACK SO GET BACK OUT THERE AND CATCH HER AGAIN.

Hey Grampy congrats on the cow - wish I could of seen that one! Out look for Saturday is looking rather grim - early in the week I had invisioned gentle onshore breeze but with the forecast I saw this morning Wind 35 -50 gust and 1 - 1 1/2 rain looks like Sunday might be the only day to get out!

REGARDING THE COW, THANKS IT WAS ONE GREAT FISH. NEXT TIME I SEE YOU I'LL SHOW YOU THE PICS

LATE NOW BUT YOUR IDEA REGARDING EXCHANGING CELL PHONE NUMBERS IS GOOD. I'M FISHING DURING THE SEASON BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN PI AND THE CAPE BUT I'LL PARTICIPATE.

Looks like Sunday is a go although looking outside right now it's hard to believe that bad weather is on the way for tomorrow! Grampy, if you heading down on Sunday I'll be hanging around Lot #3 - if there were more of us going the cell phone thing may of worked, something to think about for next season though!

Grampy, where did you catch the 50? not exact location, but a general area like "the Cape" would be good

This cow I caught was at Plum Island, Lot #3 on Sunday 10/29 just at the crack of dawn. That friday 10/26 at night on the canal I caught two 38" - all were released at both locations so you guys can all have a turn at them.

Saturday marine forecast:

NE winds 30 to 40 kt with gusts up to 45 kt...becoming N 40 to 50 kt with gusts up to 65 kt in the late morning and afternoon. Seas 8 to 13 ft...building to 14 to 19 ft in the afternoon. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With almost 19 foot seas it should be pretty interesting tomorrow. ;-O

Who's hitting the refuge this weekend? With no drive ons it's going to be tough to cover allot of area. For those of us who are going is anyone interested in linking up to cover more area? I'm assuming there's not going to be more than a couple of us out there! :lol:

Where are the pics?

Nobody catches a 50 without pics???????????????????

Where are the pics?

Nobody catches a 50 without pics???????????????????

It's just lucky my son was with me. He was the measurer and the photographer. It's hard to take photos when you're all alone. Photo posted on the Red Top web site.

http://www.redtoptackle.com/

click on photo

Would this be the picture?

48.jpg

Bob, that's it. thanks

So who's heading out tomorrow, just hope the storm hasn't scattered everything! Grampy, once again nice catch!

I had some time to kill on Sunday drove out to Lot # 7 while my wife was at an appointment. Gannets were diving in multiple locations, but I didn't have my rod so nothing to report other than bait was in the water.

Yep, I stuck a fork in it a week or so ago. Next fishing trip wont be 'til Hatteras in April :lol:

DS

PS: Good luck to all who keep after 'em and have a great winter to everyone!