• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockfish

Beach gone

12 posts in this topic

I went to Plumb Island to wet the line early on sat. Apr.5 an gave a try just north of the refuge.The air was warm the weeds were plentiful and the beach from surfland to the P.I. jetty was gone! :banana:

What do u mean the beach is gone? :banana: U're talking like u were in an episode of the Twilight zone.

What do u mean the beach is gone? :banana: U're talking like u were in an episode of the Twilight zone.

Talk about the twilight zone I felt like William Shatner looking out at the engine of that plane when I was standing on those rocks by surfland and looking down.

Check out the NECN link above. The background is all live shots of the erosion.

Took a look at it the other day and they better do something quick or the restaurant won't be there long. Looks like some other homes will be gone too. They has a huge pile of sand in the parking lot but they will sure need more than that to do any good.

That's some scary crap if u live there and r about 2 lose everything u ever worked 4.

It hurts to see the erosion on Plum Island. I know it's natural for a barrier beach but it still bothers me to see a place I love so much in that state. Then there are the safety and economic factors of the situation. I hope a decision is made on what to do before it's too late. If we get another noreaster like that of patriots day 07' it could be devastating.

I think everyone that goes to fish, sunbathe,walk the beach or bird watches should bring a pocket full of sand from another beach.. :banana: