• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NorthShoreKid

Saugus River

4 posts in this topic

High tide for lynn harbor was around 730 ish last night so i decided to go down to the Saugus river at 830. got down to the saugus river General Electric Bridge on Western ave and soon as i got there there were stripers chasing bait everywhere i looked across the river. landed one to start off didnt have a tape measure but was close to 28 .....very suprised....big splashes everywhere hooked into one that snapped my line on white shads. stupid me i had 10 lb test on my lightweight rod. but the fish of the night i didnt even get to see as soon as i hooked em he took off up river came back down and took one more run on me, i couldnt budge him he wouldnt come up off the bottom i never got to see him he took one more run and snapped me off also. i think theres some pretty big fish moved in there right now with all the bait in the river. tonight im gonna put heavier test line on and try again....it just sucks that i didnt get to see him now i have to wonder how big he really was.....will post after tonight

Fished the River by Bly bridge 1 fish of about 18" Think I knocked him cold coz I caught him just as my cast hit the water. Was incoming tide about 630pm. Had some coffee then back for outgoing nothing. Be on lookout for people taking short fish when they out number you 5 or 6 to one. :unsure: Lot of bait fishing with the cheap surf rods. :angry:

Oh well at least it was the first of the season :banana:

Don't be afraid to walk away from them and call the Environmental Police 1-800-632-8075