• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Meterman

Parsons Beach 6/14

8 posts in this topic

Beautiful day at the beach Saturday. Still early in season and plenty of parking spaces in the "limited" parking area at Parson's. The water water was full of "baitfish" (2-3 inch skinny silver colored-I don't know what they're called) and something was chasing them, as "boils" would appear and move in different directions (mainly on the incoming). There were about 5 of us surfcasting and a few flyfishing and about five out in boats and yaks.

And No one caught a thing!!!

Was there 1 1/2 hr before and after the tide. Local told me he's been coming every few days and hasn't seen anything being reeled in. Thought the water temps may still be too cold. I think they're definitely there but where focused on the plentiful baitfish, not my plugs or clams.

Good to hear someones out there.... Good report. I'm fishing in Ma. still, hope to get up to Maine later this summer.

Good luck.

Still early in season and plenty of parking spaces in the "limited" parking area at Parson's.

Situation at Parsons has changed.

Due to folks (tourists or locals, I'm not sure) the Parson family has shut down Parson's beach to all night fishing.

Kennebunkport police will enforce the family request.

A-holes (tourist or locals) have not respected the beaches by littering, having all night parties and bon fires and trashing the place.

Another place in So. Maine now off limits.

I am pretty bitter about this but.....probably not caused by fisherman from sites that respect the fishery.

I suspect lurkers and tourists that just don't give a sheet about our state.

I see it all the time.

"Get out of my way, I'm on vacation".

Fishermen that respect my state, get my respect.

All others can stay home.

I (we) don't need your tourist $.

That sux.

I was fishing Moody beach around Mid June also. I had live eels, tasty plugs, live sea worms, fresh mackerel...nada.

The water temp was 60 F (according the the sign on the life guard station.

I am sorry to hear about Parson night fishing being restricted. I am headed up up this weekend too.

I will stop by Seven Rivers and get the scoop.

Tight lines.

I am sorry to hear about Parson night fishing being restricted. I am headed up up this weekend too.

I will stop by Seven Rivers and get the scoop.

Tight lines.

I've been to Seven rivers, nice guy and hope you have a GOOD time.

Just as an added note...... "A" hole surfer dudes from outah state was asked not to park on a side road that partially blocked a private drive way off a side street in Ogunquit (Marginal Way area).

Surfer dudes told the owner to F off. Now we have lost that access as well.

Ogunquit police have posted the entire road as NO PARKING.

If this trends continues...................

Still early in season and plenty of parking spaces in the "limited" parking area at Parson's.

Situation at Parsons has changed.

Due to folks (tourists or locals, I'm not sure) the Parson family has shut down Parson's beach to all night fishing.

Kennebunkport police will enforce the family request.

A-holes (tourist or locals) have not respected the beaches by littering, having all night parties and bon fires and trashing the place.

Another place in So. Maine now off limits.

I am pretty bitter about this but.....probably not caused by fisherman from sites that respect the fishery.

I suspect lurkers and tourists that just don't give a sheet about our state.

I see it all the time.

"Get out of my way, I'm on vacation".

Fishermen that respect my state, get my respect.

All others can stay home.

I (we) don't need your tourist $.

Hey Guyza,

Sorry to here about Parsons! Was up there a couple of times last week. Didn't notice any signs regarding night fishing. I did notice a couple of "burnt out" campfires but not any (significant)litter. Never fished there past dusk. Again, no one had a bite (us or any other soul in sight). Moved to Drakes and got skunked there as well. It has just been dead and we gave up. Seven Rivers and the bait shop at Wells harbor echoed what we were finding. Very odd!

Tight lines.

Sorry if I've been ranting.

I've been a bit frustrated lately.

Just that we have been getting more and more requests to shut down access to shorelines here in So. Me.

Some published, some not.

On another note.....2008 has not been very good to me and many others that I have talked to.

A lot of my usual spots that I can rely on have produced next to nothing.

Thank god I have a kayak, as that seems to be the only way I can find em.

Shore fishing has absolutely, sux'd.

All my stripahs, what few they are, were caught on live mackerel, TubeNworm or chunks.

Lures don't even get a look.

Again, sorry about the ranting on shore access.