• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drum Slayer

6/25 REPORT

4 posts in this topic

Hey Fish Fans,

Just got back and finished cleaning the boat and thought I'd give a quick report before a good nights rest.

Put in at Hampton Harbor around 7:00 am and motored out to the lobster traps south of the harbor (like a mile or 2). Chummed the water and started getting macks....until the pollacks came along!!!! We caught small pollack on every cast, sometimes 5 or 6 at a time. The mackeral were few and far between, at least for us, but we did manage enough for bait. Went down to the mouth around 10:30, set a drift with a live mack and WHAM! first big fish of the year. A 43" 24# fish. Had an empty belly and was full of sea lice. Gave a good fight and I kept it for the wife before she divorced me for so many fruitless trips. Action was off and on for the rest of the day with another 10 or so schollies, all caught on live macks. Not the most productive trip of the year but the big one was worth it, that and time spent on the water with friends.

See you next time, in a week or 2,

DS

Nice report and congrates on the fish DS, I was out there yesterday as well. I launched out of cashmans at 430am and fished the flats, boy has that changed. Mostly schoolies and not alot of action. Then I moved to the mouth and used chunk mack and started hooking up on every drift. My best drift was 4 fish in one drift. But they were all schoolies. I left at 1030am, weather wise it was a nice day to be out on the water..

Anyday on the water is a good day. Nice reports folks.

Nice report guys, looks like I will need to add a little more line on my reel so I can cast out from shore a little further. :mellow: