• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NH Dad

Looking For Help

6 posts in this topic

Not sure were to begin but I thought it never hurts to ask.

My son was involved in a hit and run Thursday night in Plaistow, NH. Thankfully he wasn't seriously hurt, banged up his leg pretty bad, road burn on his arm/leg and ER Doctor said he suffered some damage to his spleen but not enough to be hospitalized. The bike is trashed! He and his three friends were heading back from McDonalds. For those familiar with Plaistow they were crossing the street between CVS and AutoZone. One of his friends crossed, my son and the other two were waiting to cross. The driver who was stopped at the intersection, was waiting to make a right hand turn onto 125 waved to them to cross. My son got half way across when the driver for what ever reason gunned it. When he hit my son he and the bike went under the car and were pushed out into Rt 125. My son pulled himself free and the driver jumped out apologized, and asked if he was alright. My son was stunned over what had happened and he told the driver he thought he was Ok. The driver then yanked the bike from under the car, tossed it to the side of the road and then took off. The whole thing took about 15 - 30 seconds and they really didn't get a good look at the car. My son's friends were concerned about him and didn't think to take down the plate.

So, what I am I looking for? This guy could live anywhere but I'm hoping with a little good luck, with your help, I can track him down. They know he's driving a four door red sedan (Toyota, ford Taurus?), Mass. Plates, with a plate size hole (from hitting my son) on the drivers side bumper. The driver is a white male, about 6", mid fifties, short grey hair, wearing yellow polo shirt with khaki pants.

I'm in the process of getting the Plaistow Police to file a report. When they arrived at the scene they told the boys without a good description there wasn't much they could do. What added insult to injury the proceeded to lecture the boys about being out on the road without proper equipment (tail lights, headlight, etc.)? One even went so far to tell me and the boys that he was friends with their football coach. He said what would they think if he called the coach and told him they were out riding bikes when they should be home resting for practice.

I could go on about what the police did or didn't do, what a scum bag this guy was to drive off and leave my son on the side of the road but again I'm just looking for a little help. My thought is he lives in the Haverhill area and one of us might see the car, if you do, right down the plate and send it along. What if anything I can do with it I don't know but I owe it to my son to pursue any avenue I have.

Thanks in Advance!

WOW DAD!! Not much I can do from up here but I will keep a look out anyway; you never know. Thank God your son is OK and the police man sounds like as much of an a$$ as the guy who hit your son. Let us know how he is doing and if any news comes along with finding the guy.

He's lucky he didn't get hurt more seriously. My parents live out that way & I'll keep an eye out when I'm visiting them.

Most cops are jerks & treat everyone like criminals. Glad he is alright though, let us know how you make out.

NH Dad, terrbile story but glad to hear your son was not more badly hurt. And good luck hunting down the driver.

NH dad

What a terrible event. I hope your son has a speedy recovery.

A couple of guys at work are from Haverhill, and a couple more from Plaistow. I'll spread the word.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone and I appreciate the help! My son is doing much better, still waiting on the police and glaring at every red sedan hoping to catch a break.