• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flounder

RGREEN

7 posts in this topic

For some of you older posters that know rgreen. I just found out that the "Stubern Son of a ?????" in December was bringing a commercial fishing boat into gloucester harbor, had been having a heart attack for 4 days !!! Docked the boat, drove himself to the hospital, 10 minuites after getting to the hospital they had to defib him three times, and he lived!!!

he is still fishing and is as honary as ever. He is running a commercial boat out of Portsmouth, I could not beleive it when I heard about it, and then i ran into him the other day and it was true. Talking about a die hard.

We where talking about this site and I know he spent a lot of time here so I thought I would let you folks know.

I always knew he was crazy, but that beats anything I have known him to do....

Wow glad he's o.k. i didn't know he was running a boat.I thought he was still running his landscape business.Well glad 2 hear he's ok.Funny b4 he didn't have enough time 2 fish now he does it everyday lol. :mellow:

He still has the irrigation business, but he bough a boat last year. Aparently the year before he got his 100 ton masters license, and know has a federal one for I think he said 20 ton or higher for federal waters. He mainley fishes the boat through the winter. He was asking if tatoobob was still around.

He said he had fired all his help from the irrigatoin business this spring, said he did not need the stress of employees. He does service work a few days a week and runs the boat the rest. He lost a lot of weight and looks great, and just shrugs off about the heart attack.

I asked if he was going to charters, cause I know thats what he wanted to do when he retired, but he did say due to the heart attack he did not trust himself enough to take paying customers out alone. He is looking for someone with a 100 ton masters captains license that he said if he could find someone he would consider it.

Just amazed me what he put himself through and just shrugs it off. His new saying is " Any day above ground is a good one". I have to admire him though, he's doing what he always wanted to do, wish I could that. He certainly has a good outlook, something we all could learn from. When all else fails, go fishing....

Glad to hear that he is doing well. Good to see you too tattoobob.