• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
crashfromamesbury

is this site still live?

14 posts in this topic

no one seems to come in ever! what a shame.. it was a great site until all the bickering and other garbage began..

It never really kicked into gear last year either though. I check it daily but saw very little reports, stories, etc. I hope this year is better......for the stripers and the forums.

DS

It never really kicked into gear last year either though. I check it daily but saw very little reports, stories, etc. I hope this year is better......for the stripers and the forums.

DS

\

i can see why no one is using this site.. nothing works. you can't post a new topic in the classified section? is there still a webmistress or webmaster here? i don't think i am going to waste my effort here..

Yea last season was a little off for the website - most of the usual suspect weren't around. I hope it picks up again like years past.

I'l do my part this summer. Our boat is going in Hampton River Marina this year so I'll be there every chance I get. Will post reports.....good and bad.

Tight lines and happy Fishing :mellow:

DS

My friend went to RI to go fishing with his sone yesterday. His son told them they were catching keeper stripers 30"-35". Almost time! Boat will be in the water next weekend.

When do mackeral typically start to show? I think last year was a little earlier than usual but not too sure.

DS

Well last year wasn't a good year of fishing that i think had some 2 do with it.Plus it was a rain year last.It should pick up once the fish come.

Wow, I haven't been here in a long long time, good to see some of the veterans are still around.

Yeah, a lot of the people that used to frequent this site (me included) have moved on to other sites. Although, I'm going to try to post some reports here as time warrants this season.

Fish should be in the rivers around our parts very very soon.

yeah i wasnt around much at all last year, but then again i only got out on the water twice last summer... but this is an entirely different season. i hope to be back as a reg here this year

I'm still around and am hoping to fish the salt more this season.

Surflan reported a 34" striper taken from the Parker River today from a "reliable source". Guess I have to take the years first voyage for the boat with some rods and lures :mellow:

Except for a few hard core regulars this site has been dead for about 5 years now IMHO. Sad as it used to be great at one point. Now there are so many sites out there that have so much good info no one seems to post here, including me. This is probably still alive because some one is getting some click through revenue for links to other sponsor sites or maybe they paid there hosting fess for 5 years and forgot about it. ;-);-)

Zebrina or "Z"used to be the "webmistress" but became a mom a while back so maybe that has something to do with it. I do recall some site update info coming from eelman also.

http://www.surfcaster.com/forums/index.php...;hl=webmistress

Most of my buds moved on because we were told to do so by some of the crusty old regulars who didn't like the "kayak guys taking over their website". I'd like to thank them for that as our new site is thriving.

In the good ole days for me it was surfcaster and Pete's site from Pete's Bait in Salem. Pete has sold the shop and his site is dead and I lost track of whether he's even still with us. I know he had some serious health issues a few years back.

I used to stop in every month or so but have to admit this is the 1st time this season for me.

As far as reports, not much bait in Manchester Harbor yet but I did see some last night but nothing really pushing it. I hope to be catching soon.

Best to all

Guyton

I follow this site often, but It is def. not what it used to be, and there seems to be no direction. Over the past few years there people out there who did NOT like people floating in and "robbing the posts" of useful information, so alot of people moved on. I know countless times I saw"put your time in on the water if u want to know whats going on" That is true, but it consistantly killed the post. There seems to be no moderator either to keep the posts moving. I used to love this site, I dont live close to the ocean, but enjoy it just as much as the next guy, I need to know whats going on up there prior to me leaving, but I cant get that here anymore. About the best information I get now is from Renee at Bridge Bait and Tackle, and a few other sites didecated to helping people catch more fish. It seems this site is for a small "click" of guys to communicate with eachother. An on hands approach is what this site needs. There is a pulse here, but very faint, and irregular. Good luck

Go Bruins! I love the outerbanks but not the hurricanes