• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kytara7

Drum slayer it's nothing

8 posts in this topic

The spark plugs i use are ngk they r pregaped u can't go wrong the water separator was four bolts i needed to change the unit it was corroded and if u don't it's just a filter like the 1's on u're car or truck.I put new gas with an additive whether it b sta-bil or what ever into the mix just read the instructions whole bottle 4 30 gallons half bottle 4 15 gallons blah blah blah.The fuel filter is connected by clamps or tie wraps loosen or cut them off then replace u're fuel filter it will have a # on it and just refer to it.My oil sender line is a clear plastic tubing with tie wraps cut those off well mine 1 end of the tubing actually fell apart.5 inch tubing they sell it by the foot i'll replace the rest at a later date.The carb cleaner is stuff u can buy at an autostore like Gum out or gunk better yet if u have a building 19 near ya they'll have it as well.U start ure engine and shoot it into the ports i have 3 on my 91 75 horse mercury outboard .Try 2 do this and see what happens what's the worse that can happen.If it doesn't work u;re going 2 bring it 2 a mechanic anyway but if it does then u saved alot of money.P.S. I don;t know if u have an outbourd or inboard but it's all pretty much the same.And i test run my boat in a local lake every season 2 see if everythings all right b4 going on big water that also depends on the size of u're boat obvouisly.Try it u have nothing 2 lose and keep us posted so that we can also learn something.Good Luck.

Thanks for the tips. I already changed the fuel seperator and motor filter, as well as gapped and changed the plugs. Also, took the filters off and dumped the bad fuel into a bottle while out the other day. Ran the boat for 20+ hours with smooth running and no problems in the begining of the year and only after I filled up did I get the problem. The marina mechanic looked at it today and it is definately fuel related. The thing that sucks is I have a full 100 gallon tank with 65 of it brand new. They are going to pump it out and measure the water levels, etc, and hopefully have me ready for the weekend. There are at least 4 other boats in Hampton Harbor that have gotten bad fuel recently too. They pumped 165 gallons out of a lobster boat today that just filled up the other day. An expensive day for me B)

Where is this fuel being purchased at so other folks will stay away and i would say something to the owner of the fueling station there is obvious water seepage going into the tanks.good luck.

Let me find out the status of what's going on for 100% before I throw them under the bus. Right now it doesn't look good though. Calling my insurance company to see if there's anything I can claim because it's going to cost me well over $1,000 by the time it's all cleaned, etc. Send me an e-mail if you need to and I will let you know.

youngsalt_55@msn.com

DS

Let me find out the status of what's going on for 100% before I throw them under the bus. Right now it doesn't look good though. Calling my insurance company to see if there's anything I can claim because it's going to cost me well over $1,000 by the time it's all cleaned, etc. Send me an e-mail if you need to and I will let you know.

youngsalt_55@msn.com

DS

Hey DS hoe did u make out with the boat?

I called Mike from the marina today and he had pumped 80 gallons of bad fuel out, then added 2 gallons of gas with a mix of alcohol to absorb any moisture left i int eh tank. He planned on pumnping out the rest today and replace the filter and water seperator and then put 20 gallons of good gas in and run it for an hour or so. I know you don't know me but I can use any crossed fingers, prayers, etc, etc from anyone that this works.

I plan on fishing tomorrow so hopefully the engine warning light wont come on and I can enjoy the boat for a change B)

I will let you know how I make out when I get home tomorrow and thanks for asking.

A good friend told me that BOAT is just a 4 letter acronym (sp?) for "Bail Out Another Thousand"......I'm starting to believe him.

Cheers!

I called Mike from the marina today and he had pumped 80 gallons of bad fuel out, then added 2 gallons of gas with a mix of alcohol to absorb any moisture left i int eh tank. He planned on pumnping out the rest today and replace the filter and water seperator and then put 20 gallons of good gas in and run it for an hour or so. I know you don't know me but I can use any crossed fingers, prayers, etc, etc from anyone that this works.

I plan on fishing tomorrow so hopefully the engine warning light wont come on and I can enjoy the boat for a change B)

I will let you know how I make out when I get home tomorrow and thanks for asking.

A good friend told me that BOAT is just a 4 letter acronym (sp?) for "Bail Out Another Thousand"......I'm starting to believe him.

Cheers!

Depending how well you know the marina guy, I would take home as much bad gas as i could and mix it for the weed wacker chain saw etc. i was told by my mechanic its about 6 dollars a gallon to get rid of. good luck, let us know

Go RedSox

Thanks Bruins Fan. I think I'll try that. I have a lot of wood to cut, grass to mow and weeds to whack. Not to mention a couple piles of wet brush that could use a few gallons of bad gas to get 'em going. I hope there is no motor damage.