• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
apmaurosr

One Final Point

6 posts in this topic

One Final Point (From an NJOA E Action Alert series)

The focus of this week's NJOA E Action Alerts have been on broadening our awareness of the pervasive and continuing attempts by national and local animal extremist to eliminate our freedoms to fish, hunt, trap and live a lifestyle of our choosing. Some of us may think that these initiatives are on the fringes and that they will never impact us - but they already have and the activists continue to make headway.

NJOA readership understands the inseparable link between animal extremism, vegetarianism and how they’ve come together in the political arena. The result is the NJ DEP allowing the bear population to proliferate at the expense of the health and safety of NJ citizenry. The result was a bill created by two vegetarian/animal rights legislators that attempted to end freshwater fishing and hunting. The result is indifference towards New Jersey’s 650,000 outdoorsmen and outdoorswomen and our massive contributions to the state's economy, job creation and ecological stewardship.

Sadly, activism can not remain the domain of zealots. We all need to be activists if we are to keep the things we cherish and pass our values on to future generations. The NJOA is doing all we can to make each of you "armchair activists" by making it easy to contact your legislators from your computer (visit our website Legislative Center) and keeping you well informed about conservation issues in NJ.

I'll end this week's animal extremism coverage with a few more examples of the ties between animal extremism and vegetarianism. Below is a link to a NJ college campus and their activism in undermining our freedoms, values and lifestyles. I've also included two additional initiatives in New Jersey for your review.

Please, be an armchair activist. Tell a friend about the NJOA Legislative Action Center. Have them sign up for the NJOA E Action Alert - it's free – and do so yourself if you haven’t already.

http://capwiz.com/njoutdooralliance/taf/

Thank you.

Ant

Chair

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

--------------------------------------

The College of New Jersey

http://www.tcnj.edu/~arnj/faq/faq.html

Q: Being a vegetarian is a personal choice, so why should it be forced on anybody else?

A: Few people would argue that beating your dog or lighting a cat's tail on fire are personal choices, yet what happens to animals on factory farms and in slaughterhouses is every bit as gruesome and every bit as cruel. Eating meat supports these abuses. Saying that abusing animals and killing them for their flesh are private matters is the same as saying that beating our children is a personal choice. Just as child abuse involves victims who have no choice, eating meat, dairy products, and eggs also involves victims who have no choice. Just as you can choose to beat your child, you can choose to eat meat. If you do, you're hurting someone who is powerless to stop you. This should not be your "personal choice." No one has the right to hurt others under the auspices of "personal freedom."

Animal Concerns.org

http://www.animalconcerns.org/resource.htm...50948520.979647

Our mission is to advocate for animal-rights and to help reduce animal suffering through education and non-violent action. We also advocate conversion to a vegetarian/vegan diet to help reduce animal suffering, improve human health and to lessen damage to the environment.

Job openings at New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance

http://onlovinganimals.blogspot.com/2009/0...sey-animal.html

Veg Outreach Program Coordinator : Educate the public about the use of animals raised for food and the human health benefits of a plant-based diet. REQUIRED: excellent understanding of the issues, public speaking and good communication skills, computer literate, vegan. Wonderful opportunity for a compassionate person who cares about the plight of animals. Full time position, from our Englishtown office.

You worry too much because that's just not going to happen so eat all the hot dogs & meat you want because vegetarians just

won't be making the decisions for everyone else & I guarantee that. They will have there signs, parades, voices, & probably

saltwater licenses but thats all.

You worry too much because that's just not going to happen so eat all the hot dogs & meat you want because vegetarians just

won't be making the decisions for everyone else & I guarantee that. They will have there signs, parades, voices, & probably

saltwater licenses but thats all.

Thanks B-Reel. While there are those saying it isn't going to happen just look around at how we are losing our control over conservation policy (fishing, hunting forestry, etc) at the state and fedarl levels by the very people that you say I worry too much about. I am commenting on what IS occuring - as well as what might occur.

Ant

While you worry your life away I'll be living & enjoying mine.

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. Plato

One of the most conservative figures for the number of anglers, hunters and conservationists in New Jersey is 650,000. In terms of a potential "voting bloc" this number is approximately 15% of the voters in the entire state. It is an enormous number of potential voters and can be a politicians dream - or worst nightmare.

The outdoorsmen and outdoorswomen of NJ have the power to shape the future to fit their conservation interests, all we need to do is show Trenton that we CARE and that we VOTE. We can do both of these things in the next few weeks. We can show we CARE by attending the R.O.O.R. Rally this Saturday. Let the rally be YOUR message to be heard in Trenton. Also, VOTE on November 3, 2009.

Take Plato's advice - he understood the high price that is paid for apathy. Attend R.O.O.R. and vote on November 3rd.

Read how it's being dismantled under "Conservation Report Card."

http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/chairmans...ndorsement.html

Attend R.O.O.R. - it will reflect your commitment to the outdoors!

Tell Trenton you've had enough.

'

R.O.O.R. and be heard!

`

Rescue Our Outdoors Rally

Saturday, October 24, 2009 * 2:00PM

New Egypt Speedway * Free Admission!

720 Pinehurst Rd, Rt. 539 New Egypt, NJ 08533

Music, Food, Fun, Vendors: Bring the family!!

`

Guest speakers to include: Chris Christie

Get Directions to the Rally by [ clicking here ]

Visit our link to learn more about the rally:

http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/where/res...doorsrally.html

Visit our link to review the dismantling of our outdoor interests:

http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/chairmans...ndorsement.html

Rain or shine!

We'll see you on the 24th!

Anthony P. Mauro, Sr.

Chairman,

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance: "We've got your back!"