• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B-REEL-

Surfcaster.com

33 posts in this topic

We fished Lot 3 this morning and didn't find and fish. We also didn't see any bait or bird action. I plan on trying again next week when it warms up.

Just spoke with Kay - big blues one day, stripers & pogies the next but for both it was around low tide out front. I'll be down there maybe both mornings Sat/Sun - if either you or B are interested or going to be down there let me know. Toss me a PM and we can trade cell #s - if your down there and I get into some fish I give you a call - cover more area this way.

Just spoke with Kay - big blues one day, stripers & pogies the next but for both it was around low tide out front. I'll be down there maybe both mornings Sat/Sun - if either you or B are interested or going to be down there let me know. Toss me a PM and we can trade cell #s - if your down there and I get into some fish I give you a call - cover more area this way.

If I were going I'd take you up on the network idea. There are a lot of places to cover out there. I'm opting for trout on Saturday if it doesn't rain.

Hope you find some.

I'm going to try to be out front / sandbar early sat morning probably by 4:30 ish.

I'll be working my way between lots one and two - trowing tin seems to be doing the trick, but it's all about right place at the right time

Good luck trout fishing AG - this will more than likely be my last time out this season - if you change your mind and try the surf give me a yell

Too cold this morning. Probably take my last trip Tues or Wed morning when it warms up a little.