• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
apmaurosr

R.O.O.R. Rally Results

1 post in this topic

R.O.O.R. Rally Results

A 25 year veteran of New Jersey's political establishment said, "It was the most legislators that I every saw at a sportsmen event and I was proud to be a part of the rally."

Another observer stated, "There were as many people in attendance at the R.O.O.R. as were at the rally held by the Vice President of the United States for Governor Corzine - and that rally had no threat of rain."

One person noted, "I think R.O.O.R. should be an annual event."

For those of you unable to attend, there were 8 legislators from both the democrat and republican parties in attendance. There were a total of 15 guest speakers (including legislators) - experts in their fields. They discussed bear policy, open space, commercial gear on the reefs, the state of New Jersey's dwindling quail habitat, poor forestry practices and the sea bass closure. The legislators thanked the outdoor community for their support and recognized their contributions towards environmental stewardship.

The turnstile counter totaled 689 attendees - each of these people defied the rain and made the trip to New Egypt to show their commitment to change the eroding condition of angling, hunting and forestry in New Jersey. On behalf of all of the volunteers of the NJOA - I thank you for your dedication. You are helping to ensure the future viability of our natural resources and helping to guarantee that we have access to them.

Of course, special guest speaker Mr. Chris Christie was the highlight of the day. He reiterated his commitment to the anglers, hunters and conservationists of New Jersey. He happily had his picture taken with the hundreds of people who patiently waited in line and reached out to shake every outstretched hand.

Mr. Christie has been vocal about his support for the outdoor community during his campaign speeches, statements on his website and with me personally. In May of 2009 he attended a NJOA council member meeting to address the concerns of fishing, hunting, diving and forestry clubs.

So, thanks to all of you who were with us in New Egypt or who were with us in spirit. We'll soon be posting pictures on our website so be sure to visit our Home page at: http://www.njoutdooralliance.org

Anthony P. Mauro, Sr.

Chairman,

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance: "We've got your back!"

JOIN NJOA: http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/support/njoa.html