• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Mark.B

wakey wakey

10 posts in this topic

Ok all you strong very very quiet types, time to speak up and tell all. What fish are being caught on the cape and where? Now don't be afraid of giving away good haunts for fear of being overun by fairweather fishermen, there are so few posts on this board of late that it is fast turning into the cape's best secret...

Will be coming over from sunny Wales (late May) Yet again for my annual fix of striper fishing on the cape, only this time I got three weeks. I say it every year it would be nice to met up with some of you but it don't happen. Anyhow will be visiting PI this year so a heads up on where to fish up there will be greatly appreciated.

Hope the fishgods smile on you and yours and here's to another bountifull season for all

Regards

mark.B

Mark i'm not down there but i been hearing the bite is on and pretty good to blues r in the mix as well hope u have a good stay. B)

Always have a good time. Compared to fishing over hear a poor days striper fishing is dreamland compared to back home. Booked three weeks but now have to sweat it out over British airways and the unions having a P!$$!ng contest over wages and conditions.

All I care about is arriving on time, i care not if i have to wait longer for a drink on the plane or whether the stewardess continues to buy silk underware rather than the cotten us working class types can afford.

Anyway thanks for the replies just got a ten days of plumbing work to do and then I will start to unwind and get ready for some thumb blisters.

Will be travelling off the cape and suggestions for spots within 2 hours drive of the cape will be appreciated

Cheers all

Mark.B

Check out www.surflandbt.com for the latest fishing reports for Plum Island and the north shore. They don't post every day, but they are REALLY AWESOME people and post honest, reliable reports as they come in to them. There have been some decent fish caught this year already but it has not really started yet. My best guess is that with the fairly mild winter and warming waters, you'll be hitting the nail on the head with your timing.

.02 worth,

DS

Plum island and the Merrimack up north from c.c. 1st and second beach middletown-newport Rhode Island.east from c.c might be closer and it's a tourist trap.

Thanks for the heads up guys , really appreciate it. Been to surfland a few years back. I travelled up from the cape and helped plum island fishing club with thier casting open day on the village green. Met some good and friendly people that day. Mr moore and his good lady among them. Afterwards I called into the shop for bait and got some sound advice thrown in.

Kytara7 been to RI fished barrington beach and blanked, got lost in the wrong part of providence and felt a tad uncomfortable (fish out of water syndrome) about being in a neighbourhood without a sat nav or any clue as to where I was going.

With regard to tourist trap are you referring to a full beach of holidaymakers or plenty of shopping to keep the wife and daughter occupied while i fish. PS i am not too fond of fishing shoulder to shoulder, if I can avoid it i would. It is hard to relax when you are more worried about catching another angles line rather than a striper.

Once again many thanks

regards

Mark.B

It;s both shopping and beaches but there r rocks that u can fish off of an plenty of room.If u're in the cape u would run 195 east 2 24 south all the way down till u hit 114 south connect 2 214 and follow all the way down to beach if u head 2 the right that is 1st beach if u go 2 the left that will lead u 2 2nd beach and sachuest refuge.

Many thanks the wife and daughter have approved. just waiting to hear if our flight is a confirmed casualty of the BA strike.

Given that we have flown with them once twice sometime 3 times per year over the last ten years they are very close to losing a transatlantic customer, all because W Walsh does not wish to look anything less than the macho leader. All he has to do is talk to workibg class rather than posture. Outlook not too good.

Regards

mark.B

Good luck on u're flight and i know u're family will like Newport it's very nice and the travel channel just had a review of the 15 most bodacious beach resorts and castle hill down there was voted #8.