• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zippy

Mackerel still around

7 posts in this topic

Wow first time out fishing this season didn't go hardly at all last year...

picked up some herring and the bait guy said there were still mack in the harbor right up to the kernwood bridge

so we tried to pick up some macks and caught a few right off the bat.. No live well so a quick trip into the cooler with some salt water and ice and off to cooney Island and got a smack almost right off the bat an nice 28 1/2 and back to get some more macks and set one out while fishing and bam started taking line like crazy (bait runner screaming) this was a good sixe mac not quite a horse but close a good solid hook set and nothing..... that's what you get with circle hooks (hate them)..... one other hit and just started to reel slow and NOthing... j hook..... I hate trying to work my rods an my buddies.. I reel lefty he does righty one boat rod two bait runners two tunnus so bait runner switch works the opposite..... nice day on the water, glad the rain stayed away and there is nothing like fresh striper. Buddy took the pic but hasn't sent it yet...

Wow this site is like my private blog.... heading out tomorrow for more of the same hope I'll be a little more prepaired to hit them hard.... but you'll never know

yeah - the site activity sure has slowed. Actually, the site was down for several days, looked like it had closed for good. I'm guessing some of the regulars tried to log in several times like I did, and have given up on surfcaster.com. I hope not, since there were plenty of good stories, pictures, fishing ideas, etc...

Good luck - the striper fishing seems to have slowed down as much as the website...

yeah - the site activity sure has slowed. Actually, the site was down for several days, looked like it had closed for good. I'm guessing some of the regulars tried to log in several times like I did, and have given up on surfcaster.com. I hope not, since there were plenty of good stories, pictures, fishing ideas, etc...

Good luck - the striper fishing seems to have slowed down as much as the website...

Didn't fish it hard today.. got a late start and a early finish because of dead low tide and thunder showers on the way..

we also were fising with three boys 9,10 and 11.

no birds on the way out but did take a run at a huge flock of dip ducks and gulls nothing breaking the surface and birds just sitting.. Threw some sabiki and jigs but nothing..... headed for deeper water with some fresh herring and not even a nibble.

The only fish of the day was a huge sea robin in about 70 feet of water..

did see some small baitfish in aroung the bridges (Beverly)

but looks like this site is dead except for a few die hards and the lurkers....

The infamous Zippy has returned - yea this site has slowed down quite a bit, however I think it has allot to do with the amount of sites that are out there. We no have Brianmoc, Surflandbt, marshmarauders, firstlightanglers, need I go on. Also, most of the hardcore regulars have moved on except for the occassional Surf Rat, etc. Haven't been out to much myself - Zip, have you heard from or run into Tattoo Bob - just curious?

The infamous Zippy has returned - yea this site has slowed down quite a bit, however I think it has allot to do with the amount of sites that are out there. We no have Brianmoc, Surflandbt, marshmarauders, firstlightanglers, need I go on. Also, most of the hardcore regulars have moved on except for the occassional Surf Rat, etc. Haven't been out to much myself - Zip, have you heard from or run into Tattoo Bob - just curious?

I didn't even catch a fish last year due to lack of fishing.. weather and the boat.....

Last I heard tattoo had moved or started his own fishing site....

Might get out this friday night??? or Sunday night but I'm trying to get out for the whole weekend next week

I'm going Sunday. Plan to jig up macks at breaking rocks, and troll them out past the MR buoy. Probably go deep with wire and downriggers