• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayCamx23

which parking lots are open?

22 posts in this topic

all lots are closed until futher notice....

try posting a report instead of just questions...

which parking lots are open?

is there any beach open between lots 1 and 6 or is it still closed between those points?

23 Jun 2009

Read TopicDoes anybody cast net their own bait?

I just bought a cast net a week ago and wanted to ask where you guys that do this go to load up on some fresh bait?

6 Jan 2007

Read Topicanybody gettin a line wet today??

71 degrees out there guys im sure one of you went east

9 Oct 2006

Read Topicgloucester breakwater

im fishing there for the first time tomorrow. can someone tell me a little about it and where i can park??

nothing wrong with questions or remarks as well as reports.

Only lots 1, 6 and 7 are open but that is due to change anytime now.

Typically (historic trends) the Lots are open by now - depends on when the fox appetizers are gone....mmm, plovers. Anyway, give them a call and don't forget to buy your Duck Stamp or season pass, either one will get you past the gate.

lots of big stripers at night! seem to have really focused on worms....not fishing clam lately...tide does not seem to matter as much lately

Great point about buying your duck stamp. It's one of the best contributions you can make to conservation in America and gets you into any national wildlife refuge in America all for only 15.00 bucks a year. Since 1934 the sale of federal duck stamps have have generated 700 million dollars and secured the purchase or lease of 5.2 million acres of land protected by the US fish and wildlife service.

no luck today boys. i started out at lot 6 soaking clams and seaworms. there was a big swell offshore apparently making it impossible to get past the breakers, which were pushing 6 foot. still gave it a try from 2 til high tide at 5. so we headed back to surfland to grab some eels for dusk to dark. back in the water at lot 1 around 6 soaking more clams and worms. Still nothing so we switched over to the snakes around sunset til 10 oclock when we quit. Tough day especially with the big swell. Whitecaps out well past my furthest cast on the outgoing so maybe the fish stayed offshore today...

tough going out there with the rough weather... tuna are targeting the tons of spike mackerel out there and I believe the bass are too.. you have to match the hatch which is difficult to do when they target small bait off shore... the fall run will be starting soon...surprised the eels didn't stir up some action... there have been more large fish this year so hopefully the're making a comeback.. trying to get out this weekend..............

anyone fishing magnolia? I bet eels at night would be killer there as well as the slippery rocks in the dark... bring your korkers

thanks for the reports everyone

surf should lay down the next few days so ill be trying to get out again soon. theres some nice looking rips north of the closure at lot 6, if they ever open it... :rolleyes:

OK - so I called the front office yesterday to ask about when they plan on opening the lots. The conversation went something like this:

:rolleyes: Me: "Good Morning, how are you?"

:huh: Them: "Hi, doing OK how can I help you/"

:lol: Me: "I was curious to know when you plan on opening the other lots?"

:huh: Them: "Let see, it should be sometime this month."

:o Me: "Hmm, this month they are typically open by now - what time this month?"

:huh: Them: "Yea we're running late this year, should be before the end of the month."

:( Me: "OK - this month, but when this month, this week, next week or the week after?"

:huh: Them: "Yes!"

:P Me: "Huh, yes???? - Ok, good bye..."

As for me, I'm dressing up like a Plover and bustin' through the front gate...who's with me! :lol:

BINGO! Jay. If it wasn't the plover, it would be about the elusive black sea sand....or whatever other crap "they" come up with. My old truck had a sticker of a plover in a circle with a line through it, and a "I Love Plovers....They Taste Like Ckicken!" sticker. I got some real nasty looks while on the beach, but I also lost a career and was forced to move away from Cape Hatteras, largely because of BS beach closures for "threatened" birds and turtles, so i never really mind the dirty looks.

DS

PS: Sorry for the rant, just a sad/sore topic!

Running late my butt, all the beaches down the Cape were open a month ago, there hasn't been on storms this year to wipe out any nests, the birds are not the reason the beach isn't open, the reason is they don't want fishermen/woman on the beach we are a nuisance to them

i go down to hatteras every summer for a week. nothing makes my blood boil more than the BS Interim Management Plan they got in place now. Wait til they finalize it. I truly feel for the small business owners down there. they are trying to shut down the whole island :rolleyes:

Yep, I have a place in Buxton that I only use twice a year, but my dad still lives and works there at a tackle shop. Since he's been there, business has never been slower. The beaches are busy with sunbathers, etc, but fisherman are slowly being run away. This will be the first fall in 15 years that I wont be there. Just too much stress watching the NPS and Audobon looking for excuses to send me home early.....I hate what they've done....more than words can ever say!

Where do you go down there?

Been going down to nags head since i was 8. started out as a family getaway but i fish everyday when im there now. your dad must work at the Red Drum?

Yep! If you're ever on the "Drum Board", he is Grumpy and I post as Young Salt. He's been there for about 3 years since he fully retired from the real world. The long cold winters there will be pushing him back to southern waters though this winter (FL). I love that place, but NE tuna are on my list of fish to catch this fall instead of big drum.

"I Love Plovers....They Taste Like Ckicken!" Ill second that :banana: no it's NOT about the BIRDS, all that beach an no one fishing it :unsure: will check again Monday. was up there a half doz time NEVER SAW anything but GULLS an CROWS.

GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN :banana: