• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NH Dad

Sunday morning

4 posts in this topic

So I'll set aside my ealry rant about the Refuge gates opening later just as we're allowed on the beaches. How much is suks to sit at the gate as you see the sun start to rise knowing that you're missing the few select moments that the bite is going on.

Anyway - first at the gate, it now opens around 5:30 - all the parking lots are open - hit the far end of the refuge. Plenty of fish around - they were jumping, rolling right at my feet - amazing to watch - not sure what they were after but they were tagging the white Rap X floater I was throwing. Caught two - lost many, spent 10+ plus minutes removing a tangle - once the sun was up it was virtually over. If interested in the particulars and you plan on being out there early this week shoot me a PM.

I WAS AT THE JETTY A COUPLE OF DAYS NOT ONE FISH CAUGHT A COUPLE OF REGULARS SAID IT BEEN DEAD all season, will be heading back to the refuge TUESDAY MORN the GATE has been open a few time befor 5:30 an no one around. will give it a shot. will be walking an casting most of the time, built a couple of plugs, to improve my distance casting :rolleyes: nice 6" 3oz did a PROTO last week an it is FANTASTIC you should see it walk on water,if your around Ill be there.Ill even let you TRY-IT. :banana:

GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN :beerchug:

I've been fishing the river a lot all season and it's been horrible.U catch 1 fish every 3 weeks last time i fished was during Earl at night caught nothing.