• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zippy

Fall run blitzs???

3 posts in this topic

has anyone seen any action (fish chasing bait or birds working)? :blink:

went out last friday no fish anywhere rounded up a few small pollack and live lined them had one hit and was bit off... suspect bluefish.... out by coney Island salem harbor..

heard reports of large tuna in Ipswich bay but there was very little showing on fish finder.. the seas were rough with big swells. trying to get out this friday weather permiting...

i fished lot 2 from 12-3 today. I dont normally fish the day but had a couple hours and it was too nice out not to go. i got one short stripe on worms and that was it. ocean seemed lifeless aside from that one fish

The only news/report of fish and birds was from Cranes but outside of that there's been nothing. From what I'm reading/hearing there isn't much in the way of bait out there this season. I believe the herring pop is getting decimated and as a result there's no fry around to keep the stripers inshore. Just my 2 cents!