• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltydog

ANY FISH STILL AROUND

9 posts in this topic

I still heading to the ditch there are fish there, BUT anything at P.I.

GOOD LUC GOOD FISHIN:beerchug:

I fished the refuge Monday morning - started out a Emerson's, had one decent size striper swipe at my top-water plug repeatidly all with it's tail but never hooked up. Watched a massive (200+) flock of gulls & terns dive on bait right off of lot four/five - not sure if there any stripers, blues or tuna under them but it was a quite a site. By the time I made it up to 3 they had moved off shore and broke into smaller flocks. There were only a handful of people fishing at three - nobody else - didn't see any hook-ups.

I stopped at Lot 2 Wednesday at high tide after dropping off my boat for some needed work. There were gulls flying around nearby but I didn't see any picking up bait. Didn't see anyone hook up either.

I've seen reports of stripers on the move in Maine, so it ain't quite over.

dont know, was going to head up middle week BUT NOW there calling for RAIN. then go to the DITCH, friday. got more new plugs to TEST, dont know IF or HOW they will swim:( LOOK like DITCH--> MONDAY

GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:D

Stopped by lot 2 for an hour today just before high tide. Pretty dead. Saw a dead cod, gull and seal.

No birds or bait showing anywhere. I'm done. Trout time.

Gave the island one more shot this morning. Even though it was cold it was a great morning to be down there. Didn't catch or see anything just soemthing about this time of year. What made my day was going into Surfland and ordering a new Mojo rod for next spring - 10' 6" 3/4-4oz rating, designed for briad. I've always gone low budget for various reasons and although this isn't going to break the bank its a huge step up for me. Looking forward to next season already :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey Smosher - welcome to the site - I think I was on my way out when you were heading in. Were you driving a big black SUV with the rod mounted to the roof rack?

That's was it for - done for this season.