• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surf rat

Refuge Raw Sewerage!!!!!!!!

6 posts in this topic

After reading and seeing reports about the plastic discs washing up all along the shore which were released from a sewerage treatment plant in Hookset NH I am rethinking my attendance at the Refuge Beach clean up scheduled for March 26th.

Even if they reschedule I am reluctant to even visit the area. The people who run these towns and beaches will tell us it is safe no matter what, all they care about are their summer revenues not our health or welfare. You'll notice that they are insinuating it is only a short term problem. Yeah Right!!!!!

Here are some articles about it.

http://www.salemnews.com/local/x814635837/Flood-of-contaminated-disks-fouls-area-beaches

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/12003766614862/water-treatment-plant-disks-turn-up-on-shores/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APQFlrL-L7k

After I dropped off my survey at the refuge headquarters, I took a walk at Lot 2. Those disks were all over the place.

It will take a few storms to wash them away.

I walked on the Salisbury res a couple days ago. Those disks are everywhere. I took this:

post-3-0-66526200-1300837961_thumb.jpg

Hey Eelman

I was in Salisbury Res. Sunday and took a few shots myself.

16 Discs

ag1 I think we will be seeing these disc off and on for the next few years. According to Hookset they lost 8 to 10 million of them that they admit to. I am sure there are still hundreds of thousands of them slowly making their way down river.

Even when we think we have seen the last of them maybe 5 years from now, I am sure 10 or 20 thousand that got caught up on the mucky bottom will break loose and end up on the shoreline. :(

I was there on Sunday as well, we may have walked past each other.

< thread hijack >

I also went there this morning, and took some more pictures of the sunrise:

sunrise-march-23.jpg

</ thread hijack >

Nice picture!

I just can't get down as much as I would like with gas prices the way they are, but when the fish are in I'll bite the bullet get out there. Discs or no Discs!:)