• Announcements

• eel man

Surfcaster's 2016 Reboot!   09/21/2016

Howdy, folks. I know this is way overdue, and the damage is probably already done, but after weeks of working with the database I've finally wiped out all of the spam posts and topics. This was no easy task, considering there were three-quarters of a million bogus posts and nearly three hundred thousand bogus topics. Once a hacker/spammer network finds a vulnerability, they send out automated programs that basically destroy a database like this. Over the past couple weeks I've migrated all of the good data into a more current, secure platform with the hopes that we can somehow rebuild. New member registration is tightened way up, and a third-party spam monitoring service is in place. I've also invested in an awesome new gallery extension,  allowing members to create, manage, and share image galleries. Please give it a try, and let me know if there are any issues. I'm still testing and working out the bugs. Surfcaster's forums were once an amazing resource for everyone to enjoy, and we're hoping it can once again build back up. The main site (non-forums) is pretty banged up, but once the forums are complete my next task is to re-invent that as well. Spread the word. Hope to see a lot of you back! Cheers, Andrew
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark.B

wakey wakey part two

1 post in this topic

Once again, I am putting a shout out to those that fish the cape and occasionally drop into the best kept secret site for cape and surrounding area fishing. Things must have been tough in the USA over the last few years if visitors can't afford to post a line or two.

Anyhow to those that helped two years back your advice was greatly appreciated and yes i am coming back as per usual late may early june. after twelve years of visits I think it is about time that I give the ditch a good go.

I have in my armoury 2 12'6" beachcasters 11'6" bass rod and a couple of 7-8ft lure rods matched to multiplier reels.

i am seeking advice on how to fish the ditch, when to fish the ditch and most importantly where to fish.

On the plus side i am a competent caster resonably fit but do not have access to a pushbike so plese keep the walks down to 15 mins from parking.

If any of the strong silent types are reading and think there are spots that i should try within 3hours drive of chatham i would be more than happy to hear, as it may well make a day out for the family and I.

To all those looking in I wish you and yours all the best that life can offer and a productive fishing year

many thanks in anticipation

Mark.B

PS I have become quite attached to this site despite the periods of deafening silence if there is another site covering cape fishing that you have occasioned on please feel free to give me the heads up